103 and 576 Squadrons + No.13 Base

The Memorial Room and Garden

NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the Memorial

Room (& Garden) remain closed to visitors until further notice.


The Memorial Garden and Memorial Rooms are situated on the site of the Anglian Water Treatment Works which now occupy the south-west corner of the former airfield.


The Memorial Rooms are located to the left of the entrance foyer of the office building and include a small museum.  This contains a varied selection of excellent exhibits, including artefacts and photographs relating to the airfield and RAF life in World War 2, with the Squadron honours boards and some pictures on display in the entrance foyer.


The Garden is situated outside the Memorial Rooms, in front of the Water Treatment Works, and is the site of the RAF Elsham Wolds Memorial and other plaques including one commemorating Operation Manna, which dropped food and other supplies over the Netherlands in 1945.


Both the Rooms and Garden are maintained to the highest possible standard as a tribute to all who served, particularly those who gave their all.



Potential Visitors should note that, for reasons of security, access to the site is now not possible without prior arrangement.


Visitors are requested to contact The Curator, Robin Lingard, to make an appointment before making their visit by telephoning

(0)1652 653247 or sending message to: Curator@elshamwolds.org.uk

For any visitors requiring accomodation, the closest is in Barnetby-le-Wold (which also has a railway station) at either Holcombe House Guest House [Tel: +44 (0)7850 764002/ e-Mail: holcombe.house@virgin.net] or the Whistle and Flute Hotel, opposite the railway station [Tel: +44 (0)1652 688238/ e-Mail: info@whistleand flute.net].  Hotels are also available in Brigg and surrounding area.  Should local transport be required, there are several taxi firms (unfortunately they seem to keep changing, so an on-line search may be necessary).

Image description


View of the Memorial and  Garden.

Right: The Memorial room Crew (taken in 2010), with Curator, Robin Lingard, standing and former Chairman, Ken Duddell, seated on right.

Image description